2018 In-Residence Program Kicks Off!
WELCOME BACK GLOBAL GAME CHANGERS!
Global Game Changers is pleased to welcome back our new and old participants to the Global Game Changers In-Residence FREE Afterschool Student Empowerment Program for the 2018-2019 school year. This year, our program is hosted at the Muhammad Ali Center, The Frazier History Museum and our NEW location, J.B. Speed Art Museum.
This opportunity is available to select students at our school partners, on a first-serve basis. We work with the school principals, as well as their Family Resource & Youth Services Coalition of Kentucky (FRYSKY) to select students that may benefit from a social-emotional learning and philanthropy based program. We select students from Kindergarten to 5th grade. With our evaluation tools, highly trained staff, and University of Louisville mentors, we are able to keep our student to teacher ratios as close as 3:1.
This allows for the students to complete the activities with lots of attention and allow for lots of successes from our students. We show students how to discover their Superpower, by connecting their talents and their hearts, in order to find how students can IGNITE GOOD!®!
In-Residence Program Details:
• Meets 2 days a week for the entire school year, making sure other sports or activities are taken into consideration
• School Bus Transportation is provided
• Program kicked off Monday, September 10th and run through the whole academic school-year
• Participating schools: Whitney Young, Byck Elementary, and Cane Run
• All supplies are provided for the students on-site at the museums, and will include a snack or dinner, depending on the school.
• What to expect: Community Speakers, Arts & Crafts, Create-Your-Own Service Projects, Museum Tours, Cape Making, Games and much more!
Global Game Changers Student Empowerment Program teaches children how they can IGNITE GOOD!® and make a difference in the world using GGC’s Superpower Equation: MY TALENT + MY HEART = MY SUPERPOWER!™ We are excited for another great year full of fun activities that will reinforce the skills children are learning at school. We aim to provide them character and leadership skills to help them succeed in school and life.