Global Game Changers curriculum is grant funded and FREE to educators. We offer a flexible project-based service learning curriculum that promotes a positive culture.GGC lessons allow students to explore different charitable causes, develop their talents, learn from other children’s examples, and ultimately create their own individual service project, using their talents to serve causes they care about. Lesson plans and materials promote in-depth explorations into compassion and social-emotional learning, as well as self-compassion, mindfulness and nutrition. Students learn to overcome apathy and feel empathy, as they explore our 12 Heart Badges. While having fun they learn to know that they have value, that they are important and that they can make a difference too. Each CCSS compliant grade level appropriate curriculum builds on the GGC lessons of compassion, service, empathy and kindness from year to year, but is effective as a single grade level implementation as well.
Each grade level curriculum is broken down into 6 sections:
• Strengthens self-esteem and empathy
• Expands power skills like leadership and communication
• Improves behavior and attendance
• Promotes character development and civic engagement
• Integrates seamlessly into existing courses of study
• Differentiates the gifts of each individual student
• Creates sustainable lifelong connection to service
• Promotes engagement rather than just exposure
Our Lessons are…
- Modular and flexible for implementation
- Fully Written and Easy to Follow
Each Grade Level Curriculum Covers The Following Components:
- Introduction to the program, the Superpower Equation, and Ignite Good!
- Discussion of 12 Heart Badges
- Exploration of Talent
- Completion of Individual Superpower Equations
- Creation and Implementation of Individual Service Projects
- Superhero Celebrations
Students focus on our motto – IGNITE GOOD!® – throughout the program, they learn about real life children making a difference.
To introduce the curriculum, we use a book, The Global Game Changers, about a fictional alliance of superheroes; Global Girl, Little Big-Heart, and their dog Pixel, who search the world looking for real-life kids who IGNITE GOOD!® to join their alliance to fight KRUMI, represented by a dark cloud of apathy. The book tells the story of three real-life recruits who have learned to fight apathy – compassion’s archenemy, with their heads, their hearts, and their hands and to do good in the world.