ggc student empowerment program
MY TALENT + MY HEART = MY SUPERPOWER!™
That’s the message that our students start with and hear every day. At Global Game Changers, we believe that rich social emotional skills, leadership skills, and character development come from empowering students to look around and consider what they can do to make this world a better place. Our curriculum is full of tools, engaging characters, and creative opportunities that will engage kids and make teaching and learning fun and easy. Read on to see how our program can bring out the inner superheroes in your classroom.
The Power of the Superpower
Everyone has a Superpower, from 3 to 133…what’s yours?
- Honoring student voice and choice
- Giving students the tools to engage outside of themselves
- Developing essential skills for the 21st century.
- Base curriculum with fully-written lesson plans for Pre-K – 5th Grade
- All lessons aligned to Common Core State Standards for English/Language Arts & CASEL
- Flexible implementation to suit your needs
- Hands-on, project-based lessons with real world applications
- Whole child development focus
Easy Online Access
- Online portal with full program access
- Simple to understand and navigate
- Embedded tools including PowerPoints and videos
- Gain points and win swag!
Amazing Tools & Resources
- Introductory toolkits available at no cost to new educators
- Video resources including animated cartoons, how-to videos, PD videos, and teaching videos
- Growing lesson library for new lessons beyond the base curriculum
- Measurement tools built in and free for use to assess student growth
…Plus, it’s provided at no cost to you.
Our Lessons Are
- Pre-K-5th Grade
- Modular and flexible for implementation
- Fully Written and Easy to Follow
- Common Core, CASEL & Character.org aligned
GGC Superhero Alliance
To introduce the curriculum, we use The Global Game Changers, a book about a fictional alliance of superheroes; Global Girl, Little Big-Heart, and their dog Pixel, who search the world looking for real-life kids who IGNITE GOOD!™ to join their alliance to fight KRUMI, represented by a dark cloud of apathy. The book tells the story of three real-life recruits who have learned to fight apathy – compassion’s archenemy, with their heads, their hearts, and their hands and to do good in the world.
By making IGNITE GOOD!™ a part of who they are, rather than just something they do, they build core values that put them on a trajectory for a successful and happy life.
Check out the Alliance in action below in our pilot episode, “Creative Recycling.”