During this time of social distancing, we’re all missing the hugs of people we love. Work to flatten the curve and show your love with this fun craft.
|Arts & Crafts, Social-Emotional, Service||Pre-K, K, 1st, 2nd, , 3rd, 4th, 5th||
Make and send a paper hug to a person who you don’t get to hug in real life.
|Activity Prep||Materials||GGC Heart Badges|
Construction paper, Hole punch, Scissors, Pencils, String/yarn, Markers/crayons, Various art supplies
- EXPLAIN: As Global Game Changers, we try to Ignite Good! everywhere we go.
- REVIEW: What does it mean to Ignite Good!?
- EXPLAIN: Igniting Good! means doing something kind without expecting anything in return. Saying and doing kind things anytime you can is an easy way to always Ignite Good!. Igniting Good! can make yourself, and others, happy.
- EXPLAIN: COVID-19 might have made you or others unhappy, because you don’t get to see your friends or your family. Perhaps you had planned a trip to visit someone that you had to cancel. Or perhaps you have heard about people who live alone and need some care. Today, we’re going to Ignite Good! for those people.
- EXPLAIN: Today we are going to make Paper Hugs that we can give to those we may not see very often. You can send them to a family member or friend who lives far away, you can give them to your parents so that they will have your hug whever you are. Or you can share this idea with a friend who needs to send a hug to someone they love.
- Trace your hands on a piece of paper.
- Cut them out of the paper.
- Punch a hole in the bottom of each of your hands.
- Decorate your hands.
- Write your name on one of your hands.
- Measure how much string it takes to go around your middle.
- Cut the string to that length.
- Tie each end of the string to one of your hands.
- DISCUSS: Who are you going to send your Paper Hug to?
- TIP: Make sure to follow the guidelines of your city/state and health officials to deliver your paper hug without being within 6 feet of a person who does not live inside your house.
- DISCUSS: How can your Paper Hugs Ignite Good!?