Musicians and artists have taken COVID as a challenge to create uplifting and funny rewrites of their own songs. Try your hand at remixing some of your favorites to help others find the funny in their days!
|Social-Emotional, Music, Service||K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th||Rewrite your favorite song to be appropriate for COVID-19.|
|Activity Prep||Materials||GGC Heart Badges|
|None.||Paper, Writing utensil, Internet access||Health, Arts, General|
- EXPLAIN: The COVID-19 virus has gotten some people feeling scared, frustrated, anxious, and bored. Some people might feel happy, or relieved, though, because they don’t have to go to work or school.
- DISCUSS: How does the COVID-19 virus make you feel?
- EXPLAIN: Today, we’re going to repurpose some songs to help people remember some important guidelines of the virus and to just let off some steam.
- ASK: What are some steps you should take to combat corona?
- Stay 6+ feet away from people not in your household.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid unnecessary trips outside of your house (exercise is ok!).
- Cough into a tissue or an elbow.
- Stay active.
- (There probably are more that we haven’t mentioned.)
- EXPLAIN: People all over are adapting songs to fit the coronavirus. And we’re going to do that too.
- Listen to these COVID-19-adapated songs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcIMljB4OXnQi5jgwC_Z2tIEkRgZ18Okp
- Think of some of your favorite songs you might want to use.
- Review the lyrics of your songs and listen to the music a few times.
- Try your hand at rewriting the song to be COVID-specific.
- Share your song!
- DISCUSS: What other fun things can we do to remind others to combat COVID-19 from the safety of our homes?