Learning even though you’re out of school is still very important. Is there someone who inspires you to keep learning or keep going? Let’s have fun and make a model of that person.
COVID-19 Roll Model Role Model
|Arts & Crafts, Language Arts, Social-Emotional, Service
|K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
|Make a roll model of a role model
|GGC Heart Badges
|Used toilet paper roll, construction paper, markers/crayons, pencil, paper/notecard
|Education, Health, Rescue, Veterans, General
- EXPLAIN: Role models are people who you look up to and want to be like. They have certain characteristics or traits that you admire.
- What qualities does a role model have?
- Who do you think could be your role model?
- EXPLAIN: Even when we are not in school, because of COVID-19, there are still so much we can learn from others.
- DISCUSS: Is there someone you admire, who inspires you to keep learning?
- EXPLAIN: Maybe you are inspired by all the hard working nurses, doctors, and other health care workers are doing to help keep our community safe.
- INSTRUCT (check out the video tutorial below!):
- TAKE a used paper towel or toilet paper rolls to make a model of someone whom you admire.
- GLUE on yarn or paper for hair or DRAW on hair
- DRAW on clothes or CUT OUT construction paper clothes
- DRAW on a smiling face
- WRITE on a notecard who the person you admire is and why you admire them
- SLIP the notecard inside the tube
- OPTIONAL: MAIL/DELIVER: the roll model role model to your role model’s house, and leave it on the porch or in the mailbox.
- DISCUSS: How can you inspire others to keep learning while they can’t go to school?