Discover Your Superpower Event Winners!
First and foremost, allow us to thank everyone who took part in our Discover Your Superpower Event at the Muhammad Ali Center on August 24! It was an unbelievable success thanks to all of our community partners who came to spread the word of the amazing work their organizations are doing. We had a blast working with all of the families and volunteers that came out for the event. We had over 400 attendees and we hope that everyone walked away with a completed Superhero Equation and ready to spread their powers to make the world a better place!
We would like to recognize two awesome kids who were chosen as winners after completing the workshop! The first one is Azaiah Jumper who is a 4th grader at Jane Hite Elementary School. Of the 12 Global Game Changer badges, the one that Azaiah chose for his ‘heart’ is bully prevention! He wants to help prevent bullying by first starting in his neighborhood. At the event, Azaiah signed the prevent bullying contract and is so excited to start working to prevent it! You go, Azaiah!
Our second winner from the event is Aeiris Asantewa; she goes to school at Coleridge Taylor Montessori. Of the 12 GGC badges, the one that spoke most to Aeiris is the hunger badge! She enjoyed the event and can’t wait to start working towards ending this struggle for so many people worldwide. Thank you, Aeiris- you rock!
We would like to say thank you again and reiterate that this event could not have been the success it was if not for all of our community partners and of course if not for our awesome attendees! We are working on the roll-out of our afterschool program this fall and if you are interested in bringing our program to your child’s school or have any questions then please let us know.
Thank you again to our amazing partners! Here is a list of all who were at the event, we encourage you to check out their websites to see what work they’re doing in the community and how you and your child can help!
- Muhammad Ali Center: http://www.alicenter.org
- KY Humane Soceity: http://www.kyhumane.org
- Waterstep: http://waterstep.org
- Blessings in a Backpack: http://www.blessingsinabackpack.org
- Junior Achievement of Kentuckiana: http://www.jaky.org
- Stage One Family Theater: http://www.stageone.org
- Kentucky Special Parent Involvement Network: http://www.kyspin.com
- Louisville Grows: http://www.louisvillegrows.org
- Compassionate Louisville: http://compassionatelouisville.org
- Senior Care Experts: http://srcareexperts.org
- Middletown Fire Department : http://www.middletownfire.org
- Kentucky YMCA Youth Association: http://www.kyymca.org
Check out these other partners for fun activities for your kids!